With garment decoration, there are a variety of ways in which apparel can be decorated. The method chosen depends on the colours used in the design, quantity of garments to be decorated, the type of finish required and many more factors.
- screen printing which is a popular decoration technique for garments especially t-shirts and can be used on large quantity runs
- direct-to-garment (DTG) utilising digital inkjet technology to directly print onto the piece of garment more suited to low quanitity requirements
- embroidery which is often used for brand motifs, promotional clothing and business uniforms
- heat transfer which lends itself to low quantity runs or one-off prints involves printing the design onto a special type of transfer paper that is applied to the garment using a heat press
- embellishments, which is the application of sequins, rhinestones, beads or other items, can be added to garments to give them an extra detail over printed designs
FESPA Eurasia will explore this route into the creative world of garment decoration. Register for your free pass today.